Hi loves! Happy Tuesday!
Ahh can you believe it’s already September?! I seriously feel like this year is flying by! Only one more month ’till my birthday woo!
Now that it’s September most of us are probably going back to school or already in school…like me, unfortunately. Just kidding I’m probably the only person who LOVES school (I know I’m weird) so I was pretty happy to go back last week! School keeps me so busy and productive; however, the only thing I hate about going back to is having to get up super early! Like HELLO I need my beauty sleep and would prefer not to wake up at 6 am every day haha.
With that being said, in today’s blog post I’m going to be talking about my backpack essentials. For those of you who don’t know I’m a sophomore in college, and I only keep the necessities in my bag. It’s not like I need to carry glue sticks or colored pencils with me like the old elementary school days.
For starters, the backpack that I’m using this year is the “Danielle” Backpack from EcoGear and I am OBSESSED with it! This backpack is a collaboration with Youtuber and Social Media Influencer, Danielle Carolan, who handpicked the color scheme and design of the backpack. She came out with a grey version of this backpack last year that I bought too, but it was a little small and didn’t fit all my school supplies sometimes! So, I was super happy that she came out with a “new and improved” version of her backpack because this one is bigger and comes with a complimentary pouch to store your makeup or school supplies in. I also love the black and gold color scheme that she went with because it’s super chic and trendy!
1. Planner: This one is pretty self-explanatory right?! Having a planner will help you stay organized with important dates and deadlines while also giving you the satisfaction of checking things off when you’ve completed the task at hand! I recommend going to Target to buy a planner because they offer a variety of different designs and sizes all at an affordable price! Here is the link to my planner.
2. Business Cards: This one is a personal preference, but I ALWAYS carry 2-5 business cards with me wherever I go because I don’t know who I’m going to run into. Having business cards on hand with me is essential because the career/industry I’m going into is all about networking and meeting people. So, I always want to be prepared and ready-to-go!
3. Binder: Once again this one is pretty self-explanatory lol! Having a three-ring binder with dividers for each class is so handy and will help to make sure you aren’t mixing up papers. I also make this “Semester Planner” sheet every term that includes essential info. like: class times, room numbers, and the emails of all my professors. This especially helps me out the first week of school when I’m walking around campus trying to find my classes.
4. Pencil Pouch: Obviously, you need something cute to store all your pen and pencils in!?♀️Personally, I think having cute stationery supplies will make going back to school a little more exciting. My pencil pouch is from Paper Source.
5. Post-it Notes: I absolutely LOVE sticky notes and find them so handy when I need to jot something down real quick or make a to-do list. I bought these tropical sticky notes from Target, and they’re from the brand Yoobi which sells so many adorable stationery products.
6. Cardholder/Wallet: Carrying a small wallet or card holder in your backpack is key to saving some space in your bag. But, I also find it easier to carry something small versus a bulky wallet that will weigh your backpack down, and it’s safer. The cardholder pictured is my favorite one that I own because it’s from Selena Gomez’s first collaboration with Coach! Unfortunately, they do not sell it anymore, but you should check out her fall line that just came out because she has a few new cardholders that are perfect for back to school!
7. Reusable Water Bottle: Using a reusable water bottle not only helps out the environment but it also saves us college students some money. I am obsessed with my marble S’well bottle because it keeps my water cool all day and is so aesthetically pleasing to look at.?
8. Chapstick: This one is a no-brainer. Everyone should carry chapstick with them because they last thing you want is to have chapped lips while talking to the cute boy sitting next to you in class. By the way how many of you want a Peter Kavinksy in your life?? I know I do!
9. Graphing Calculator: This particular school supply is essential for me because of the math classes I’ve been taking for the past year. I have the TI-84 Plus CE, and I love it because it does so much for me where I don’t need to work problems out by hand #winning.
10. Gum: …do I need to say more? LOL
I hope you guys enjoyed today’s blog post and found it helpful in some way! Going back to school can be stressful sometimes but having these essentials will hopefully make your school day run smoother! I’ll talk to you beauties in my next blog post!♡